Tender: 20 Erasmus scholarships for traineeships in Saxony-Anhalt
Target group: Ukrainian students and graduates (within one year after graduation), who fled Ukraine due to the Russian attacks
Grant: 4400€ for 4 months and access to an online language course in German
Traineeship institutions: shall suit the degree/subject and career aspirations, but generally open (e.g. companies, universities, research institutes, public facilities, schools, …)
Proof of studies in Ukraine: certificate of enrolment or graduation certificate or Transcript of Records or confirmation issued by the home university or Ukrainian authorities.
The Erasmus Traineeship Office provides Erasmus grants, but does not provide placements or accommodation and organise the visa process.
Attention, minimum wage: hosting institutions in Germany must pay their trainees minimum wages (currently just under 10€/hour).
Exception: students placements lasting up to 3 months
Longer placements, which are not obligatory for the degree, as well as traineeships done by graduates must be paid minimum wages. It is currently difficult for Ukrainian students, who are enrolled at Ukrainian universities, to prove that they have to take obligatory traineeships.
Further information: Angela Wittkamp
! 10-15 places left for traineeships in UK !
Despite Brexit and the UK leaving the European Union, traineeships in Great Britain continue to be possible and fundable through Erasmus+.
- Erasmus funding: Since the UK did not join the new Erasmus program after Brexit, we can only fund traineeships in the UK under our project in the old Erasmus program (Project 2020). Its term ends in May 2023. The project is almost full, but dropouts (e.g. due to Corona) may free up funds again in the short term. Those interested in a traineeship in the UK are welcome to send us their application - but they should be aware that the prospect of funding is very low and the requirements for visa applications are high.
- Visa: a Temporary Worker-Government Authorised Exchange visa (T5) is now compulsory for UK traineeships. To get such a visa, one needs a (reference number containing information about trainee and traineeship), which the Office for Erasmus Traineeships Saxony-Anhalt apllies for at the British Council. It has a validity of three months from the date of issuance.
beginning approx. 2 to 3 months before the start of your traineeship
1) Prepare all documents required for the CoS. At the same time, send us your application for the Eramus grant, including the Learning Agreement.
2) Send us the completed CoS apllication form; mark the fields that need to be completed by us (project number, amount of grant).
3) We fill in these data, sign and stamp the document and issue the "confirmation letter of the sending institution". Then we send you the complete application form, a Learning Agreement (signed by us) and the confirmation letter back to you via e-mail..
4) You create one file according to the requirements of the British Council manual, containing
- the 3 documents you received back from us
- approval letter of your hosting organisation
- a copy of your contract
- a full copy of your passport
- a Transcript of Records (engl.) from your university
- criminal record (only when working in certain domains)
and send it to us.
! Check the website and manual for updates and changes before sending us the file.
5) We forward the file to the British Council.
6) We receive the CoS number after approx. 3 weeks and forward it to you.
7) With your CoS number you can apply for your visa. The visa application form requires the CoS reference number and will cost GBP 244 (some European nationalities: GBP 189).
In addition to the visa, you will need to pay an Immigration Health Surchargeto access the NHS, the British National Health Service. The rate for students is GBP 470 per year.
Students of the eight partner universities of the Office for Erasmus Traineeships Saxony-Anhalt can also receive funding for traineeships in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina as well as Kosovo within the frame of our Western Balkan projects.
The conditions for receiving a grant are widely the same as those for the “regular” Erasmus programme countries. However, there are a few differences:
- The grant is higher, namely 700€ per month. Additionally, funding includes a travelling allowance of 275€.
- The application deadline is six weeks before the start date of the traineeship.
- The application documents are to be submitted to the Office for Erasmus Traineeships. Then, the application is processed by our project partners (HS Bremen, HS Osnabrueck).
- The programme is only open to students, not to graduates.
Particularly suited are subjects from the following fields of study: Tourism, European Studies / European Administrative Management / Peace and Conflict Studies, International Law, Slavic / Albanian Languages, GFL, Psychology, Project Management / Development Assistance, Medicine and Teaching / Education / Pedagogy / Social Work. The programme is generally open for all fields of study.
Traineeship offers in the Western Balkan
We will send you the contact details upon request.
Application for the grant (after having found a traineeship)
Please only use the following documents for your application:
- Application form
- Certificate of enrolment
- Previous Erasmus funding
- Learning Agreement
- optional: Language course in the destination country before the start of the traineeship