Erasmus is an EU-programme that is also open to non-EU-citizens. If you are studying at one of the 7 universities in Saxony-Anhalt you are eligible to receive an Erasmus-grant for an internship in Europe through us the Office for Erasmus Traineeships Saxony-Anhalt. We have translated the most important information in order to make the programme more accessible to the rising number of international students studying in English in our region. First, we have provided a general overview so you can judge whether or not this programme is suitable for you.
What we offer
- Grants for internships inside Europe
- Links to placement offers/internship platforms to help you find your internship
What we do not offer
- Internships inside Germany
If you are interested in an internship inside Germany, please contact the respective person at your university:
- Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg: Tino Schlögl (Career Center)
- Hochschule Merseburg: Uwe Weihmann (Karriere Service)
- Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal: Katrin Gruschka (Career Center)
- Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg: Nance Kaemmerer (Career Service)
- Burg Giebichenstein Halle: Ingo Müller (Career Service)
- A (guaranteed) placement in a host organisation (you have to apply directly and find your placement)
- Help with visa matters (please ask at the embassy)
Who can apply?
The offer is open to students, including Phd students, as well as graduates until one year after graduation, of the different universities in Saxony-Anhalt. It is open to all study fields.
Duration of internship
The internship must last between two and twelve months. Only full-time internships with a minimum of 35 hours per week may be funded.
Where do the internships take place?
The internships can be completed in companies, at universities and research institutions as well as other public and not-for-profit organisations. Only internships within the EU and institutions administering EU programmes are excluded.
Possible destination countries are all countries in the EU (except Germany) as well as Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Serbia and Turkey. Further support is available for the target countries Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo.
How do I find an internship?
You may and must find your internship place yourself. The Office for Erasmus Traineeships Saxony-Anhalt offers a few useful links (in German) on searching for an internship, which you may use. You can also look for your internship in another way, e.g. via the internet or a lecturer in your department. Concerning the application process you may also find support at the career service of your university; f.ex. at Magdeburg University: www.ovgu.de/en/career
Once you have received firm confirmation of your internship, you can apply for a grant. The chances of receiving a grant are very good.