Free track for internships abroad
From September, our participants will receive a free Interrail / Eurail ticket through Europe Direct for four journeys, if you travel to and from the internship location by train.
The ticket is valid for one month. Besides the free outbound or return trip, you can use three other trips for free before, during or after your internship.
- You are doing your internship in Malaga and visit Madrid and the Spanish Atlantic coast after your internship.
- You complete your internship in Istanbul and explore the Western Balkans on your way there.
- You spend your internship in Milan and visit Venice and Verona on two weekends.
Only for people under 27 years of age.
You travel by train on the way to AND from the internship. For the travel not covered by the ticket, you will receive a top-up (Green Travel) from Erasmus funds through the Erasmus Internship Office Saxony-Anhalt.
You submit an application (form and scan of the Erasmus Grant Agreement) to Europe Direct. http://erasmusbytrain.eu/europaticket/
You send a post to be used for the social media presence to the student initiative "Erasmus by Train":
- A few photos and a short description/experience/experience of your train journey/your stay abroad.
- via email or informally via Instagram direct message to @erasmusbytrain
Europe Direct Saxony-Anhalt finances the tickets.
Erasmus by Train advises on international train connections and promotes the train journeys via the spread of the participants' social media reports.
The student association "Erasmus by Train", Europe Direct Saxony-Anhalt and the Erasmus Internship Office Saxony-Anhalt are thus launching a pilot project to motivate even more Erasmus grantees to travel by train.
The goal at the end is: Free train tickets to all Erasmus students provided by the EU!